Happy Mother’s Day to all the mothers out there surfing along, blogging and may be even treating themselves to some internet shopping- go for it- spoil yourselves today!
To all the mother’s I know in my life, you are all fabulous women, enjoy your day!
For me, this is what the term “mother” means:
– sitting on the back step of my family’s downtown Toronto home with my mother when I was 5 as she feeds me peanut butter by the spoonful straight from the jar
– watching ma joyfully make her world’s best lasagna just because she feels like it not because it is a special occassion
– listening to me whine about work, cars, politics, girls etc. over the years during one of our many post-dinner talks over the years
– peeling the skin from apples and cutting it in half and giving me my piece. We both know the skin is healthy but when I was kid I thought it was gross- and the peeling tradition continues to this day
– ripping the broom from my hands whenever I try to sweep- even this morning!
– being told I am being too stubborn or thick-headed to just make a point even though it is not necessary
– learning about humility, taking the high-road but also not being afraid to bop someone on the nose when the time is right, were all lessons I learned from good ole mom
Thanks for everything ma.